Monday, November 14, 2011

Homeschooling

I am so excited to share my thankfulness for today. It is homeschooling. I came into this adventure kicking and screaming, literally. I remember the day so well, driving home with Noah and telling ranting at him about how I felt the Holy Spirit leading me into this and how I wasn't good enough and  how my life would forever change! He just smiled and said "I think that is a great idea!"  WHAAAAT! Was my only response. Shouldn't he be telling me things like no you need to keep them in school, or at least say something like..."That's crazy!"

Nope! Not my Noah. The most calm, cool, collected person I know. Always on the positive, always listening to God and obeying!

Well here we are two months into our homeschooling venture and I am so grateful. God has lead me into the most fulfilling and life changing experience that I have been blessed with. God has shown me quickly that I have a short amount of time to be with my children with whom He entrusted to me. Proverbs 22:6 says Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. How can I train my children sufficiently if I continued sharing them with the world.

I still struggle with many things like are they getting enough friend time and am I teaching them the best I can. I have a hard time just being couped up in the house as much as we are. My prayers are focused on the strength that I can only get from Jesus. I need Him to start my day, get through my day, and end my day...each and everyday. When I don't, I am attacked with those insecurities that I know can only come from the enemy.

With teaching them, I get to make our main focus on Jesus! Sharing about the Bible every morning while implementing Him into all we do makes that focus successful. For many years I frantically worried about how Noah and I were going to be able to pay for their college tuition, and spent many hours dreaming about what successful career they were going to choose for their lives. Now this may be on the complete opposite page from many of you but I am feeling lead to say it. The worries have turned into prayers and hopes for God to lead them into ministry. Any ministry that honors Jesus! College or no college. Society says that is what we are to reach for. Getting a high paying job will determine how successful you are, it determines your worth. I don't want my children's worth to be determined what their bank account looks like rather what are the things they do for Jesus and how well do they love others. I want my children to honor and love God more than I ever have. More than anyone I know. Do I want to encourage them to reach for things that bring them joy? Yes! My job is to guide them to that joy which is that of Jesus!

1 John 3:18-19 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence.

We spent some time this weekend changing some rooms around to bring more peace into our home. So here is a picture to share with you what the new school room looks like. I still have some decorating to do, but our front room definitely fits our needs much better.


                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment