Monday, November 7, 2011

Giving Thanks~ Day 7

I am so happy for new beginnings. Aren't you?! I am so grateful for God's Grace and forgiveness it sometimes overwhelms me. This morning I woke up feeling a little defeated. Yesterday my husband asked me to go around our neighborhood and invite more people to our church. We had just came back from our nearest grocery store. Now for locals they know what it is like on a Sunday afternoon at the Stater Bros. I am ashamed of saying this but I do everything in my power to not go there especially after 10 am. Well we had to stop there and my grace for them was non existent and that carried over once we got home. So when I woke up I was clearly reminded of not being obedient to the Lord yesterday. Not only with my crummy attitude but with the laziness of not going out to share the good news.
I am still enjoying "Experiencing God" and if you haven't gotten it yet...What are you waiting for?!! Today I read the book of Jonah and learned what happened to Jonah when he wasn't obedient to God and there was a punishment for it however God gave him a second chance. I felt excited to have another chance with God's work. I know He wants to accomplish things through me and I must be willing to obey. God can even take what mess you made and still make it good.


ROMANS 8:28~ AND WE KNOW THAT IN ALL THINGS GOD WORKS FOR THE GOOD OF THOSE WHO LOVE HIM, WHO HAVE BEEN CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE.


With this I was also struggling with some things in our school. There are days where it feels like I am just going through the emotions of it all. I want more from this calling to home school my children but sometimes it just feels as if we need to get through it. Well I don't want to just get through it. I am learning that this is a ministry in itself. For years I had this idea that my children were apart of my family and really just that, not really much more. (shameful) I always told myself that God had a ministry for me and it was this or that or maybe even that but, my children? Wow have my eyes been opened. For many years I was living blindly through the earthly things. I thank God that he continued to wait patiently for me. My first and most important ministry is my children. God graciously gave me the responsibility with Noah to raise them in the way of the Lord. While being apart of a mission would definitely be an example to them, I would miss all the intimate moments that I must be apart of now. Homeschooling allows me to do the most important ministry, my children and then that follows with time to work with the high schoolers at my church. Everyday God is showing more and more to which I am grateful. With all of this going on I knew some changes needed to come about. One I will share with you today. Having a way to show my children discipline to guide them to be Christ like. I found this amazing blog that helped me do that. Below is our new guide to life. Actions vs. consequences with the reasoning behind it. It is not only a wonderful way to guide the kids but to also help remind me of my responsibilities as a Christian as well.



RULES
DISCIPLINE
SCRIPTURE
Respect Dad & Mom
   ~ The way you talk
   ~ Obey right away
   ~ Attitude
Time out according to age
Exodus 20:12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you”
Col 3:20 “Children obey your parents in the Lord for this is right”
Clean up after yourself
Clean your mess; do an extra chore without pay
1 Corinthians 4:2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.
Attitude
   ~ Arguing or complaining with siblings
ipod taken away for rest of the day and one other day
Phil 2:14-15 14 “Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe”
Bed Time
   ~ Complain about who        puts you to bed
   ~ Get out of bed
Put yourself to bed
Prov 17:22 “A cheerful heart is good medicine but a crushed spirit dries up the bones”
School Rules
   ~ Twisting your chair
   ~ Good Attitude
Lose chair for next subject
 Eph 4:2-3 “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace”
Not being helpful when asked
Must put back one ticket you already earned
Romans 12:21 “Do not  be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”
Eph 4:2-3 “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace”
Unkind words/ language
Time in your room to pray. When finished asking for forgiveness you may come and apologize
Prov 15:1 “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger”
Eph 4:29 “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen”
Lying
Clean one rooms base boards
Ps 34:13 “Keep your tongue from evil ad your lips from speaking lies”
Prov 12:22 “The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful”
Hitting or being mean
Time out according to age
Eph 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you”
Prov 11:17 “A kind man benefits himself, but a cruel man brings trouble on himself”


I am grateful for this new beginning and the forgiveness that God gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment