Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Giving Thanks~ Day 29

Today was such a good day...much better than yesterday. School went better and we even had time for Art all together! Now I LOVE crafts, am I crafty? Not really. I can pretty much replicate something pretty good, but coming up with ideas all on my own? Again No!

This is a simple project to do with your kids. It is a salt dough recipe that you can make different things from. I used this dough when I was a kid so when I found a recipe for it, it made me excited to share this craft with my chitlings!

Salt Dough

2 Cups flour
1 Cup salt
1 Cup cold water
1 Tablespoon oil

Mix together. The dough should be the consistency of thick play-doh. If the dough is sticking to your hands you need to add more flour. Use your favorite cookie cutter or create something on your own. Let it harden or bake at 200 degrees. About 30-45 minutes. After they have cooled off you can paint with acrylic paints. You can even push a toothpick through the top to create a hole to make it an ornament. Have fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment