Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks~Day 21

Marriage is a wonderful thing, if you allow it to be. I have been married to Noah for almost nine years and it has been a joy. Don't misunderstand...it has been work in many ways, however the choice of being joyful in my marriage has been a priority for me. Both Noah an I come from broken families, and it has affected us in different ways. Through our experiences as well as our faith, we have hung on to the word of God in hopes that He is right. Years ago it was a harder struggle for us in making our marriage work. It is because we have God wrapped so tightly around us now that keeps us focused each day on why we have decided to keep this relationship going, and actually enjoy it while we do.

The world tells us to trade in our spouses when it gets tough. God says " So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate." I know there are times that it seems easier to give up and let go, but I encourage anyone that is in this place to hold on and trust in the Lord to heal what is broken. We alone can not fix things beyond repair, only God can.


We have made many boundaries for our marriage in order to protect it. We do not have friends of the opposite sex on facebook, only family. We choose not to drink, or watch any movies that have sex scenes in them. We don't go to any types of clubs or bars. We make decisions together regarding everything. Together we have set some rules for us in our marriage that have made me feel safe. Now some things may seem extreme, its small things that I am willing to let go of in order to honor God and my husband by protecting our marriage that I want to last. Most importantly we do things together as a family and have fun!


I love having a best friend at all times. Someone to share my deepest fears and most exciting hopes with. Together we are raising this family in hopes that they too will take marriage to a place of honor for our Lord.










No comments:

Post a Comment