Friday, January 6, 2012

New years goals

For many years I quietly make News Years resolutions to myself and maybe my other half but for the most part, I'm not a huge fan! Mainly because I hate saying things and then two three months later I can't even remember what I even said! Yep that's me. It happens much more now that I am aging!!
Anyhow. This year I thought I would not only share with you what resolutions I have but also call them goals! I like that word much better!
I have been Thinking about what to write for a few days obviously because it is six days after the actual new year. I wanted to make sure that my goals were not just thrown out there from a quick thought.
I always want to change almost everything but again I want to really strive to accomplish the goals and put my heart into each one.


• First is my relationship with the Lord. Now this is always on the list simply because I always want to walk closer to my lord. I want to hear Him, feel Him and see Him working in my life.
• second is my fam bam!! I want my husband to know that hands down next to God, he is my priority. I want him to feel important with the things I do for him. His love language is time and mine is gifts so we kind of clash! I will however make a huge effort towards growing our relationship even closer.
Along with my hubby is my relationship with my children. I saw this great sign






Doesn't that say so much?! My main focus in this life is to raise Godly children. Not just children who say "Yes I believe in God." But children who grow up and follow God with every ounce of their being. All decisions are made with one prayer...what is your will Lord. I desire for them to not strive to make an amazing amount of money, I don't desire them to follow a dream that only they have, I don't desire them to just fit in with the rest of the world. I desire them to become lights that are so bright that everyone knows, it is God shining!
• focus on the kids schooling. Be apart of as much of their learning as I can. It is sometimes difficult with having three in different grades, but I am going to give it my all.
• to get healthy. Now I know I know everyone says it! And yes I have at least 10+ years now since I have been setting this goal! This is my biggest hurdle. Not sure why but I have had some situations happen that I believe will help me make it over this hurdle once and for all.
I can't believe I am sharing this but here it goes. Christmas day I was playing dance party 3 with my six year old son and I was winning. Oh yeah! I was feeling good about myself, let me tell you!! Then my feelings came down like a crashing plane! My son turns around and looks at me to say "how are you winning, you are fat." oh man that one went right to my heart strings. I know I have gained a lot of weight since having children and to be honest I never thought my kids looked at me like I was fat. Can you say "DENIAL!". Right there I made a decision that I wasn't waiting till the new year to start " dieting" I was starting then. A new healthy lifestyle. I didn't have my one last goodie to end my days of eating terribly, I just started! I have also noticed my kids eating poorly. Two are super picky and only like sweet stuff while my other always asks for seconds. Both ways I have been a terrible role model for them and God truly opened my eyes to what he wanted changed!
I am happy to say that I have this overwhelming feeling of eating healthy. Nothing like I have ever had before. I will continue to lift this struggle up to the Lord like anything else I struggle with. Of you who are wondering what happened to Scooby after his comment, well I cried, pulled myself together then patiently explained that words like that hurt people's feelings. He knew how bad it hurt me and he cried with me. I'm all good now and I have some amazing inspiration when I want to cookies... I just remember those words and realize what kind of role model do I want to be for my kids.
• last my husband and I have been doing some DIY projects. This year our my goal is to redo our kitchen and get our backyard finished. I just ask him to make them his goals too!


I hope you have made some goals for yourselves and maybe your family. It's always good to grow and stretch and if you aren't setting a bar for yourself, then there is nothing to stretch to. Happy New Years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment