Monday, January 23, 2012

All stars

This past weekend Little T had her All Star games out in Palmdale. Noah was the assistant coach and we were ready for a great turn out. I am always super nervous those first few moments of the game when you just don't know how it will go. The first moments really set the tone of the entire game for me. You see how the other team is playing and how well our girls match up.
As the game started my nervousness quickly turned into joy. For many years we have always been somewhat the underdogs. We come from a very small town so small in fact that our soccer league consists of 4 cities in one. So when it comes to picking the All Stars we just have a smaller league to pick from especially compared to some of the other cities that we are up against. Some cities are so big that they are able to bring 2 separate teams to the games.
This year we felt as if it was our strongest yet. We played our first game Saturday winning 4-0! We got the highest amount of points we could get. I was proud. Maybe a little too proud. I came into Sunday very sure of our girls knowing that we could win!
Well we didn't We lost 3-1. We were all shocked just wondering how did that happen. Still bummed over it, but now we are looking ahead to our tournament season that is now underway. I pray for humbleness and joy throughout this season. I desire for soccer to be a fun thing for my daughter to enjoy. I desire for her to learn new skills and be an amazing example of God. It is not always easy to place God in worldly things, but we are trying each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment