Thursday, January 5, 2012

Keeping the main thing the main thing

This past week I have been doing projects around our home like crazy. I have been thinking about starting a new blog dedicated to all things diy. Now before you get excited like me share a few things. I began this blog for a few reasons.

~ To document our lives because I have not scrap booked for about three years and my children's memories are getting lost in the mounds of pictures that I have taken.
~ To connect with a world like me. A stay at home mom who homeschools and loves to be inspired
~ Most importantly to be honest and transparent by sharing what God is doing in our lives!

I want to elaborate on that last one today. I have found myself drooling over some amazing blogs out there that have one set thing to share...decorating, homeschooling, all about God and so on. I formed this blog to be about all three and more. I find that there is this illusion of perfectness with these blogs that I am reading (and love.) Then I read this amazing blog that shared with me about being true and honest and not being a stumbling block to others. In other words, not making others feel inadequate about themselves. God showed me right then and there that I need to stay focused on the main thing and that is Him. Oh and my husband gave me his two cents..."No you shouldn't." That really didn't convict me, just made me see him as a dream popper as I like to call him...Love ya babe!

Yes I have a passion for making this house our home and want to share it with others, but why can't I do that on here? Well I can and I will! For now anyways.

I have some changes coming up in our homeschool curriculum and I need to focus on that. I am excited to share with you what I will be doing so stay tuned! My kitchen redo will just have to wait.

Bottom line is that I never want anyone to look at me or our family as perfect in any way, just striving to stay connected to God in everything we do in this crazy messed up world we live in. It was good to be reminded of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment