Monday, March 5, 2012

weekend weigh in

I have officially hit 10 weeks! I began this journey determined in my mind that I was going to once and for all lose this weight and lead a healthy lifestyle. Well I have had that determination before and have always given up. I can't explain how I feel different, but I just do. One example of how I know things are different is I had it in my mind that I was going to not count my calories for Friday night and enjoy a date night with my husband. Well when we went out to dinner I had the chance and I picked something healthy. I snagged some chili fries that were on the table and I only wanted a few bites. I was actually not craving any of them. I knew right then and there that something in my brain has clicked and I am finally getting it.

Last week I shared with you that I was starting a Biggest Loser challenge. Well here's the details!

We started a 10 week challenge with 26 ladies in our area that are looking to lose weight and get healthy. We call ourselves the High Desert Mom's Losing it! It was a $25 fee to join the group. Each week everyone will text me their weight and we will have a weekly winner based on the highest percentage of weight loss. The weekly winner gets $15 cash! At the end of the 10 weeks we will have a runner up who gets to take home $100 and a grand prize "LOSER" who takes home a whopping $400!!  I feel like that is some added motivation for me and hopefully for them!

My mother in law thought it was a great idea too and started her own team this week. We will be having friendly weigh in challenges to boast which team won the highest percentage of weight loss. My hubby is also putting together a couple of biggest loser style games for us to play throughout the competition.

I am so excited to meet some new ladies and hopefully encourage them to change their lives!

So as for me, this week has been great. I lost another 1.2 pounds since last week. I weighed in at 184.8 today. Slowly but surely I am losing this weight. I feel good and can't wait to get to my new goal of 136. I am not sure if I have shared a weight goal with you, but it might be different than the last time so there it is...136. Now I obviously have no idea if my body will go that low. I have never been that small. Active in high school I was 143. Plus that was before babies.

Another great thing that is happening is compliments. People who know I have been trying, but they have made me feel great this week. So thank you Lisa and Denette! That encourages me to keep going and reach my goals.

I went shopping for a pedometer as I told you last week and was so happy to use it. Day two I washed it! BUMMER! Well I dried it out in a bag of rice so now I have to grab a new battery and see if it still works. Maybe I should have gotten a watch type? Hmm...well maybe next time.

I am going to push myself to lose at least 3 pound this week. Yep I am blasting myself..so no extra goodies this week ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment