Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekly Weigh In

Let me start of by saying I'm sick. Not the throwing up that could actually help me lose weight, but the I'm achy all over and can still feed my appetite kind!


This week has been a very frustrating one to say the least. I have fluctuated my weight between a couple of pounds and as of this morning I weighed in at 186.2. It's a plus that I almost lost another pound when this week was over. Seeing the scale go up this week then having to lose what I already lost and then some, is the frustrating part!


I have been back at eating my normal 1500 calories a day and not calculating my workouts. So I am consuming around 1200 a day is my guess. I just ordered a pedometer to help me know a more exact number of calories that I am loosing each day. The Omron HJ-203 Pedometer with Activity Tracker from Amazon.


It was only $12.50 with free shipping. I got it in black which is the cheapest, but if you want to spend a little bit more you can get a pink, yellow, or purple one. I didn't want to spend a lot of money because I want to try it out first. If I use it and see that I could benefit from a better one, then I will beg my hubby for this one that I have had my eye on.


This beauty is a brand new pedometer/heart rate monitor. The Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker by Fitbit. This is also $99. So you can see why the husband said no (at first).

My week looked great despite the .8
of a pound weight loss.


Sunday~ ran my week 4 day 3 on the couch to 5K app
Monday~ Kettle Bell workout
Tuesday~ ran 2 miles
Wednesday~ Kettle Bell workout
Thursday~ No workout
Friday~ Ran week 5 day 1 on the couch to 5K app
Saturday~ Boot camp
Sunday~ Rested bc of sickness :(


I want to take good care of my body so I will take off a few days of working out. Maybe that will shock my body and loose maybe 2 pounds this week.


I also found an awesome dinner recipe that I tried last night and it delicious, so I wanted to share!

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
  • 1 bag (14 ounces) frozen corn kernels
  • 1 cup frozen mixed bell pepper strips
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro + 4 sprigs for garnish
  • 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets (4 ounces), about 1" thick (I used Tilapia)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

    Directions

    1.Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
    2.Heat the oil over medium heat in a large ovenproof skillet or shallow stovetop-to-oven baking dish. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
     
    3.Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the chili powder and stir to blend. Add the corn and bell pepper strips. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for about 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are no longer icy. Stir in the chopped cilantro. Spread the vegetables in an even layer.
    4.Sprinkle the remaining 1 teaspoon chili powder evenly on the fish. Place, chili side up, on the vegetables. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
    5. Place in the oven and roast for about 12 minutes, or until the fish is opaque. Serve each fillet on a bed of vegetables and garnish with a cilantro sprig.
    Click here to find out more! 
    It was very delicious and approved by Noah!
     

    Something new that is starting this week is a Biggest Loser contest between some friends. I am excited to get some support and hopefully win some money while I am losing weight. I figure I will NEVER gain this weight again, therefore never have an opportunity to be apart of a contest like this again. So why not join one. I couldn't find one that I could join so I started one. I will fill you in next week with more details.
     

    1 comment:

    1. You're doing great!! I've had my eye on that fitbit too....I'm thinking as a reward once I meet my next goal. Keep it up girl, you're looking great!!

      ReplyDelete