Monday, February 13, 2012

Week End Weigh In

So yesterday was a pretty big milestone for me. I hit my 50 day mark of eating healthy and changing my life. I have never went this long! Whoo Hoo!!!! Can you tell I am excited?! I also have some great changes that have taken place that I can't wait to share...so here it is.

A couple of days ago I was driving and noticed a weird feeling that I have not experienced I think....EVER!
I could actually feel room inside my pant leg! HA! Do you know what I am saying? My jeans always fit..I mean F.I.T! FIT!! They are tight in all areas. So I was so excited when I could actualy feel room inside my pants. Okay I know that sounds overly dramatic...but that is what I am DRAMATIC!

Second I have lost another 1.8 pounds this week. I am .4 of a pound away from losing the BIG 2-0!! I can't wait. I have been setting some goals for myself and one is to lose another 37 pounds. I have realized that my life is too important to just let it go by without loving every minute. I know being DRAMATIC, does not make that easy for me, but I am going to do my best and enjoy every second with my family. My weight has not allowed me to do that. I have waisted too many years complaining and being unhappy. Something my husband said to me was " I don't care how you look, I care how it makes you feel." I have spent many days complaining about the way I look and I think he has heard enough complaining.

I am going to buy a new DVD today. Bob Harper's Kettle bell.


I can't wait to try it out. I am starting out with an eight pound kettle bell, which I have been advised I will not like. A friend of mine suggested that I start with a 25 pound kettle bell. Kettle bells are different from hand weights. Kettle bells are swung using more of your hips and core, where hand weights are all about arm strength. I don't know about you, but my upper body strength stinks! I think I am going to LOVE the kettle bells. I will let you know next week how it goes and if I had to head back to the store for a heavier kettle bell.

 A quick tip to maybe help you drink more water is to buy a "special cup." I don't know what it is, but I have found that if I drink out of my Starbucks cup, I will drink a ton more water verses drinking out of a regular cup. Plus I can always take it with me wherever I go. You don't have to get a Starbucks one, but many stores carry them. Drinking from this cup has encouraged me to drink about 3-4 of these a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment