Noah was great in helping me. He taped off the entire room and actually did almost all the painting. We also had some help from an awesome high schooler. So thank you Brandon!
We picked out a beautiful grey color from Behr. It's called Pewter Mug. Then my father in law gave me gallon of satin white paint. Not sure the color though. But it was free and white. That's all that mattered!
We used frog tape. I heard wonderful things about it and the verdict...LOVED IT! Well worth the extra money. Even my sceptical husband loved it.
I did a little research online about the best way to paint stripes. I was so nervous that the paint would bleed. And by nervous I mean I made Noah and Brandon nervous with all of the anxiety I was having over...yep STRIPES! HA!!
So I took the advice of one blogger and I believe it made a world of difference! After painting the entire room white and taping off the stripes, I painted a thin clear coat of satin varnish to seal the tape so the paint wouldn't bleed through. It worked!!! The other trick was to take the tape off by pealing it towards the grey.
So here is a little taste of the room.I was really wanting to wait to show you all the final product, but the more I thought about it, the more anticipation I got to show you something now!
This is just the beginning and we have much more to do, but I can't wait to hear what you think. Hope you like it!