Monday, April 23, 2012

week end weigh in

This week I must have hit a place my in weight loss journey that has got me recognized. I have had the sweetest compliments from friends about how good I am looking. As much as the words make me feel good, it also reminds me to be humble. I love feeling good and looking good because I am losing weight, but I want to make sure that I focus on the reason I started this journey in the first place. That is to be a good role model to my children and to be VERY frank!! To still wipe my own bottom at the age 80! Haha TMI...I know, but I am serious!


I continue to pray that God keeps me grounded reminding me that when you are smaller in body statue, that can lead to smaller clothes, and with that inappropriateness. I am first and foremost a daughter of God and second a wife to an amazing husband. Both to which I need to respect and that happens by respecting myself with what I wear and how I present myself in public. Women's bodies can be very powerful in this sin driven world and I don't ever want to contribute to that!


With that said, this week has been a bit challenging but yet successful. I started keeping a journal just to allow me to really see the work I am putting in. I am down to 170.2 this week allowing me to lose another 3.6 pounds! I have only 3.2 pounds left to lose to hit 40 pounds! I am so excited but man it feels like I have been hovering around 40 for like 4 weeks! I can't wait though.


No comments:

Post a Comment