Thursday, April 5, 2012

New adventure

A few weeks ago I was asked to write on a fabulous blog called Coffee with Christ. It consists of 7 ladies, all in different walks of life. Each lady has a day that they get to share what God has placed on their hearts. I am so excited yet nervous to begin something like this. As you know I have a passion for teenage girls and even though these are women writing, the majority of the readers are 18-25. This opportunity gives me the chance to share more about purity and courting through God's eyes. I will be sharing on here what I write over there each week, however feel free to come by and check out the much more talented group of writers though. It's at coffeewithchristdevotional.blogspot.com!

Here was my first post

"Hi Ladies,
   I am so excited to be joining this amazing cast of ladies who I have been inspired by in my walk with God. I am the momma of the group...yes quite literally! I am not only a momma to three beautiful children but I am also pushing 30 this year! Funny I thought 30 was old, but now that I am almost there...I have realized I am not shrivelling up and dying. Phew!
  I would love for you to head over to the Testimonies page and read more about myself and my family.


   I am always excited about what God is doing in my life. Even if it's hard, I tried to be excited. It just means He is still chiseling away and making me more like Him. Today I wanted to share something that has been somewhat of a trial for me the last year and I have yet to write about it on my personal blog, not really knowing how to share without maybe hurting someone. I can be vague on here and hopefully encourage anyone who may be or have gone through a similar situation.


   I will just start by saying that God's command "that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12 Is not always easy to live out. I find it extremely easy to love the ones that love me, right?! It is another story when someone doesn't love you, or better yet refusing to be apart of your life. I have some family members that have chosen to not be in my life because of a choice that we (my husband and I) made. Without going into detail we felt and still feel today that we made the best decision for all parties involved and it somewhat broke up our relationships. Some I expected, but others have put me into complete shock and heart break. So as far as love goes, it seems easier to continue to love those who love me and move on. EXCEPT God says in Matthew 5 verse 46-47 "For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?"
   As Christians that means we are Christ followers. Following Christ means that we must act and live out lives that reflect obedience in Him. How can we stand apart from the world when we conform to it by acting just like it?
   I have learned that even though it may be hard or at times painful, I have to remember that God forgives all. I must be willing to forgive and have open arms waiting for them when they are ready to be apart of my life again, even if I have felt wronged. I teach my children all the time that God does not judge us on how others treat us, rather He judges us on how we react to the way they treat us. We must react in a loving way. Not tit for tat, eye for an eye. We must love like Christ loves! We must answer to the Lord for decisions that we make, and that includes the way we treat people we don't like.
  Now I am not saying that you must beg and overwhelm them with messages to love you, I am simply saying that making sure they know that you are ready when they are. You love them and waiting to be a loving relationship with them, when they are ready.
It might also include having healthy boundaries up with people who continually hurt you. You might need to love then at a distance, but loving them period is the key!
I am so grateful that Gods love for me never fails. I am a complete mess and make bad decisions constantly. Where would I be without his love and forgiveness? If God can forgive me for all the millions of things I do, how can I not forgive someone for something they've done?!"

Hope you enjoyed... I will be writing every Sunday...hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment